Spiral® HZ® High-Performance Door
The Spiral® HZ® (Hurricane Zone) door is the first high-speed, high-performance hurricane-rated door certified for compliance with Miami-Dade County and the Florida Building Codes. Heavy-duty reinforced hinges and rigid aluminum slats provide the strength required to handle hurricane-force winds. Miami-Dade County, Florida NOA No. 22-0927.11, 11/8/2027. Florida Building Code: FL# 28502.1. Able to withstand winds up to 175 miles per hour, it is the only certified wind load door currently on the market.
The Spiral HZ door is ideal for government, parking, security, and automotive dealerships and can be built up to 16′ wide x 21′ high. When it comes to commercial hurricane-rated doors the Spiral HZ can help protect buildings in the worst conditions.
Spiral HZ is backed by a 5-year limited warranty on motor/mechanical components and materials, plus a 2-year limited warranty on electrical components.
- Heavy-duty construction allows door to easily withstand pressure as well as large and small missile impact.
- Improved traffic flow and maximized separation of environments with an opening speed up to 60 inches per second.
- Extensive testing in a state-of-the-art laboratory ensures optimal performance in hurricane and other extreme weather conditions.
- Intuitive and Customizable Pathwatch® Safety Light System provides advanced warning to vehicle drivers and pedestrians
- Dual thru-beam photo eyes detect movement close to the door and will reverse to the open position
- An electric reversing edge reverses door if anything comes in contact with it
- Ry-Wi® Wireless System eliminates coil cords and provides two-way communication between control box and bottom bar
- Mechanical brake release lever allows door opening in the event of power failure.
- Double-walled insulated 6-inch aluminum slats
- Integral weatherseal between the aluminum slats
- Heavy-duty reinforced hinge system for door panel assembly
- Galvanized steel side frames and head
- Extension springs in side column
- Hood and motor covers
- Classic RAL and custom color match powder coated finish
See the Spiral® HZ® in Action
The First High-Speed Door Engineered to Withstand a Hurricane