Cold Storage & Processing
The primary challenge for dry, refrigerated and frozen food distributors is control — controlling the environment, controlling traffic, and controlling costs. With these concerns in mind, Rytec introduced the very first high-speed folding door for the cold storage industry over 30 years ago and remains in firm control of cold storage doors today. Since introducing the Fast-Fold® door, Rytec has expanded this line of cold room doors to address all aspects of food preparation and storage, from meat cutting to banana ripening.
Common Cold Storage Environments
- Refrigerated/Freezer Warehousing
- Food Processing
- Food Distribution
- Other Temperature-Sensitive Applications
Temperature and Environmental Control
- High-speed opening and closing minimizes air exchange
- Effective perimeter seals, thermal breaks and thermal panel help maintain temperature differentials
- Perfect for coolers, freezers, dry storage, produce, automated storage/retrieval, blast freezers and USDA/FDA processing
Reduced Energy and Maintenance Costs
- Less air infiltration leads to lower refrigeration costs
- State-of-the-art insulated panels eliminate the need for conventional defrost systems in many cases
- Self-repair, break-away, and resetting options help reduce maintenance costs
Cold Storage Testimonial
Rytec helped Dade Service Corporation install doors at a national grocery retailer’s central distribution facility.
Selecting the Right Cold Storage Door
Download our newly updated 2nd edition FREE Guide: Knock Temperature Differentials Out Cold – with High Performance Doors. You Will Learn the How and Why of:
High-performance, low-profile folding door with pneumatic operation provides reliability and performance for cold storage, food processing and pharmaceutical operations.
New soft-edge door with industry’s longest mechanical warranty and opening speed up to 100 ips.
High-performance rolling door with quick opening speeds and tight seals allow for the control and maintenance of temperatures and environmental conditions.
Single panel design allows this high-performance rolling door to function at higher speeds for greater environmental control for cold storage operations.
Versatile and durable high-performance rolling door provides unprecedented reliability for numerous interior and exterior applications.
Designed to keep automated storage and retrieval system environments – using conveyor-type product transport – highly insulated, productive and energy efficient.
Low-profile, high-performance rolling door ideal for freezer applications.
Fastest, most energy-efficient insulated door increases productivity and reduces energy costs for cold storage and food and beverage operations.
High-performance sliding door provides unprecedented speed, insulated R-value and impact resistance for cold storage and food and beverage facilities.