When selecting a door for a manufacturing or warehousing facility, several important factors to consider include logistics, cost, ease of use, durability and longevity. Quality, performance and reliability are also required to maintain efficient, round-the-clock operations.
High-performance fabric doors can help factories increase productivity, reduce energy costs and improve safety and traffic flow compared to older sectional doors or less reliable fabric doors.
Indoor and outdoor use – High-performance doors can be used in both internal and external applications. For external use, they can be equipped with ribs or bars for additional wind resistance.
Fast speeds – Opening and closing speeds up to 100 inches per second help keep raw materials, components and finished products moving – fast. They also reduce the likelihood of vehicle-door collisions.
Breakaway action – Some high-performance fabric doors can take a hit from a forklift or other equipment and break away to reduce damage to the door, equipment, loads and nearby workers. Instead of absorbing the force of the impact, the door panel lifts out of the door tracks and easily moves out of the way without being damaged.
Self-repairing – After an accidental impact, high-performance doors can be easily restored to normal operation in less than a minute. To reset the door, a worker simply aligns the bottom of the door to the side of the opening where the motor is located. Then, by pressing the door activation button, the door quickly restores itself to full operation in seconds, without the need for tools.
Durable – Rytec high-performance doors feature Rylon® – a puncture-resistant, polyester mono-filament fabric. This rugged material provides a tight door seal yet is flexible enough to move out of the way in the event of a collision.
Control the environment – High-speed fabric doors reduce air exchange between comfort-controlled interior environments and outside weather. They’re also ideal for maintaining temperature and humidity separation between refrigerated and non-refrigerated areas in food production facilities.
Highly reliable – In manufacturing and warehousing environments, downtime in one part of the facility can affect productivity in another part of the operation – leading to expensive delays and bottlenecks throughout the entire facility. With the high reliability that high-performance doors offer, manufacturers can keep running at peak efficiency.
Reliable, high-performance doors are engineered to withstand the daily rigors of use for millions of operating cycles, and that means less costly downtime and fewer repairs. High-performance doors are engineered to last, which means less maintenance and repair over the life of the door.
5 Options for Superior Productivity
Here are five options for high-speed fabric doors for manufacturing and warehousing environments:
Fast-Seal® The Door That Revolutionized the Industry
The Fast-Seal® door is the first high-speed industrial door that can take a hit without suffering damage. The Break-Away™ bottom bar, along with the patented System II™ counterbalance and tension system, are why the Fast-Seal remains unmatched in the commercial roll-up door industry today. Its dependability and durability keep the Fast-Seal moving and operations flowing with little downtime or maintenance needed.
- This door is built to withstand wind pressure using the System II independent counterbalance and tensioning system.
- The patented Break-Away™ bottom bar can be reset in just seconds, without tools.
- Its AC drive and counterbalanced door design allow for greater operating speeds, up to 50 inches per second.
FlexTec® Soft-Edge Door
FlexTec® is Rytec’s flexible-edge door that features advanced technology plus the industry’s longest mechanical warranty available, assuring unmatched day-in, day-out durability. The soft edge virtually eliminates entrapment concerns, ensuring extra protection for all types of traffic.
- This door is engineered to flex around obstructions and easily release from side columns.
- It automatically self-repairs without user intervention if impacted from either direction.
- Its opening speed of up to 100 inches per second reduces the risk of impact.
- An optional exterior opening/pressure package is also available.
PredaDoor® NXT®: America’s Leading High-Speed Fabric Door
The PredaDoor® NXT® has next-generation features, including a tight perimeter seal, advanced wireless safety system and durable components, which provide unsurpassed performance and reliability. The NXT® Quick-Set™ repair system and System 4® door controller minimize door downtime. It’s an ideal door for interior and exterior applications where speed, low maintenance and dependability are critical.
- Its simple design means there are a limited number of wear parts. It requires minimal maintenance or repair for the life of the door.
- Fast opening speeds of up to 50 inches per second improve traffic flow, productivity and energy conservation.
- NXT Quick-Set repair allows the door to be easily reset without tools.
- Its variable AC drive and intelligent controller reduce wear on door parts and control power consumption.
Sure-Seal® Conveyor Door
Rytec’s Sure-Seal® door is specially designed for automated storage and retrieval (ASRS) applications, including cold storage. It is ideal for computer-controlled facilities in which multiple doors must open and close hundreds of times per day. That’s a significant potential source of energy loss. The peak opening speed of up to 100 inches per second of the Sure-Seal® door helps to prevent air infiltration, while its insulated panel and tight perimeter seals provide exceptional energy savings.
- It’s engineered to withstand the rigors of a freezer environment but provide optimal operational and energy efficiency.
- Its standard I/O expansion board and System 4® programming versatility enable it to be integrated with AS/RS control systems.
Plexline® Advanced Composite Door
The Plexline® door combines the high performance of composite materials with the benefits of Rytec high-speed doors. It’s designed for high-traffic, interior applications where durability, speed and visual impact are most important. Fiberglass composite materials offer strength and long life. They are as durable as stainless steel, yet at a remarkably lower cost.
- Its Quick-Set™ repair system allows the operator to reset the door with the push of a button after aligning the bottom bar.
- Its corrosion- and chemical-resistant side frames are easy to clean and more impact-resistant than stainless steel.
- Its direct-drive motor opens the door at up to 50 inches per second for improved traffic flow, productivity and energy conservation.
Rytec high-performance doors help increase productivity, reduce energy costs, and improve traffic flow and safety in manufacturing and warehousing. Contact us today to discuss your high-speed door needs this year.